top of page

Staff Benefits whilst working 

Below you will find some information on how to develop and progress with a little help for this new age of living. 

Many of us would like to progress onto further education courses to benefit our chosen career, there is support available. You may be eligible for help with your learning costs if you’re a full-time student with children. This is called Parents’ Learning Allowance.

How much you get depends on your household income.

The allowance:

  • does not have to be paid back

  • is paid on top of your other student finance

  • will not affect your benefits or tax credit

You do not need to be paying for childcare to qualify

Parents' Learning Allowance - GOV.UK (

Care and support work is a skilled job role which comes with responsibilities. It is important that staff are aware of what expenses they can claim back.

  1. Working from home -

  2. Uniforms, work clothing and tools

  3. Vehicles you use for work

  4. Professional fees and subscriptions

  5. Travel and overnight expenses

  6. Buying other equipment

Claim tax relief for your job expenses - GOV.UK (

Working when you have dependents or other commitments can dictate how much time you can work. Universal credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly and is currently replacing the following benefits:

  • Housing Benefit

  • Income Support

  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Working Tax Credit

  • Child Tax Credit

  • Universal Credit - GOV.UK (

bottom of page